Among the various errors that users face after updating Windows 10. The Epson Printer nor working is the worst error for Windows 10 users. You may sometimes receive an error message stating that the printer driver is not recognised or that the printer is not printing on Windows 10. But don’t worry, you can fix printer error quickly because the reason for such an error is an incompatible printer driver.
Why is my Epson printer not printing on windows 10
Therefore, by updating the damaged Epson Printer Driver, you can get the printer back to work. So, here are some viable solutions that you can try to fix all the printer errors. Repair the Epson printer not working by running the printer troubleshooter. You can use a built-in troubleshooter to fix this printer problem in Windows 10. It will help you diagnose and resolve errors related to your printer. Start by downloading the Microsoft troubleshooter for Windows printers and follow the steps that have taken a hit.
- Open Run and type msdt.exe / id Diagnostic Printer. Press the Enter key. Then, from the printer list, click the problematic printer.
- Now, click the Next option to begin the troubleshooting process.
Install the driver in compatibility mode on Windows 10. For this method, you need the full printer driver package file in Windows 10. Save its file to your desktop and follow the steps below to install the driver in Compatibility mode.
- Find the printer driver file. Right-click it and then choose Properties.
- On the compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode check box.
- Then choose your operating system from the drop-down list provided just below it.
- Now select the check box in the Run as administrator option.
- Save the changes by clicking the Apply option. Click Ok.
- Now double-click the printer file to install it.
Restore the system to resolve the Epson Printer Error on windows 10
Restoring the operating system to the previous version is another potential solution to return the printer to normal operation.
- Open your System Settings by pressing the Windows + I icon key.
- Now follow the given path – Update and Security> Recovery> Advanced Startup> Restart and Troubleshoot.
- Click the Back to previous build option.
Complete the return process by following the on-screen instructions. You will also need to choose the version of Windows for which you want to restore your system.
Epson printer not working after firmware update on windows 10
Manually update the printer driver, You can check the manufacturer’s website for the printer driver that supports Windows 10. After downloading the latest printer driver, simply double-click the downloaded file and install it on your system. If your driver is out of date and you want to update it manually, you can do so by following the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel. Then click Device Manager.
- Here, finds the printer device. You will notice a yellow exclamation mark against the problematic driver.
- Right-click the driver in question and then click Update Driver Software.
- In the next pop-up window, click Automatically check for the driver software update.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen. Windows will automatically search for the correct drivers and install them.
If you have the driver file available on your system, you can choose the second option – Browse your computer for driver software.
Use third-party driver update tools
You also do not have enough time to manually download and install printer driver, then you can update it with tools like Driver Talent or Driver Easy. Learn how to download and install brother printer drivers in Windows 10. If you encounter any problems while troubleshooting the error, please let us know.