Mac OS is compatible with most of Epson printer wf-3640 model. When you add Epson printer on mac automatically uses Air-Print Epson printer software for mac. Download support.epson.com/mac download (also called a printer driver). If you cannot use a printer that you have already added, or the options you want are not displayed in the Print dialog box, you can add the printer again with different settings or with different software.
How do I add my Epson printer in mac
Adding a printer with different settings
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu> System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Select your printer from the list and click the Remove button.
- Click the Add button and if a pop-up menu appears, select Add Printer or Scanner.
- A dialog box opens listing all IP and Open Directory supported network printers and shared printers.
- It can take a couple of minutes to compile the list When the printer appears in the list, select it and do one of the following:
- Use Air-Print. If the printer is connected via a USB cable, click the Use menu, then select.
- If Air-Print is not in the pop-up menu, your printer does not support this feature.
- Use printer software installed on your Mac or downloaded from Apple. Choose Select Software from the Use pop-up menu.
- Use the printer software from a file on your Mac: Choose Other from the Use pop-up menu. Select the file, then click Add.
How to install Epson printer driver on mac
If your Epson xp-440 printer does not support Air-Print. You can download the latest software from the Epson software updater mac settings. If you do not do this, when you connect the printer, a message may appear on the screen stating that the printer software is not available.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu> System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
Install any software updates listed for your printer. If the software for your printer is not available through Software Update, contact the printer manufacturer for information. Your printer may not be compatible with macOS. If you install the printer software from a site other than Apple, you may not be able to automatically update the printer software using the Software Update function.